Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Interview with Nurrgula - Art Jewellry


My first interview is with Kasia from Nurrgula. I first fell in love with her gorgeous designs and then fell in love with the kind person she is. Kasia does not speak English as her first language. She actually speaks it as her third (amazing) and I think she speaks beautifully here. I hope you enjoy this interview.


Tell us a bit about yourself:
Hi, my name is Kasia (eng. Kate), I'm 28 years old and I come from Poland, but currently live in Germany, at the wonderful Constance Lake. I am happy woman, pagan, wife and owner of two Norwegian Forest Cats. I am a graduated journalist and self – taught jewelry artist.
  


What inspired you to become an artist?
I have been connected with art since I was a little girl. I don't really get inspired by anything or anyone.  I have always loved to draw and paint and I was drawing for all of my friends in preschool already. In primary school, high school and college I participated in many art contests and actually won some of them. Like the one for the best project of a badge with the school emblem. ;) I still remember it, cause it was my first contest win ever! And there was a wonderful price – my first Oil paints!

My parents told me tho, that we had one uncle in our family, who was a painter. There's only one painting left after he died and my parents got it for their wedding more than 30 years ago. So maybe I got something from this mystery uncle? ;)

Who is another artist that you admire?
There are many artists I admire. Starting from the very known painters, like Alfons Mucha, John Bauer, Marc Chagall, Edward Dwurnik,  for example Edvard Grieg, Krzysztof Penderecki, Jan Garbarek, Nils Peter Molvaer and Bjoerk, to less known jewelry artists from Poland, like Kornelia Sus, Dariusz Ciszkiewicz or Anna MazoƄ... and many many more: musicians, poets, writers, sculptors, painters and jewelry artists as well.

Where does your inspiration come from?
I am inspired by Nature. By it's four seasons, it's variability, it's beauty, cycles of Nature. I'm a real Nature lover. I use only natural elements in my jewelry, so you won't find any plastic beads in it. Pure Nature: stones, metal, leather, wood. And spirit – big piece of my heart. :) I get inspired by the leaves dancing in the wind, by the snowflake on my coat, by crystal clear water in lakes and sea, by the majesty of mountains... (This is my favorite part. She spoke it so beautifully)





What is your favorite book?
Reading is like breathing to me. I simply cannot live without it. I read much and fast. And I collect books in their paper versions. I'm old fashioned, I think. ;) 

Favorite book? Depends on my mood, but all of Terry Pratchett's, “Steppenwolf”, Herman Hesse's, “Woman who run with the wolves (...)” Clarissa Pinkola Estes' and all kinds of mythology (Slavic, Scandinavian, German), legends, local fairytales...




What is your favorite piece, and why?
My favorite piece is the big pendant with Labradorite and hand made by me from the scratch birch leaf and braiding. It belongs to Julie from Australia now, but I really adore this piece of my work and I am proud of it. :) 


What do you like to do in your spare time? 
I love to read, swim, walk into the forest, travel, take photos of the Nature around me. But also lay on the couch with my Hubbie and watch some movie or series and play with our cats.


Where would you like to be in five years?
I would like to say, that I've found my place on Earth, where I feel like home. I'd love to have many traveling memories from Scandinavia (which is my passion) and maybe USA. And I'd love to make my passion my regular work.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Tracy!!! It was a pleasure! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes truly beautiful jewelry. Great article and photos!

    Congrats Kasia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely interview! very poetic just like her jewelry :-)

    ReplyDelete