Thursday, June 21, 2012

How I Got Started

I get asked a lot about how I got started designing meditation beads and my other pretties. This is how lol . . . . 
I never really thought of myself as a creative person. I could sing and I loved to act but as far as creating pieces of art? I couldn't draw or paint to save my life as my two best friends in high school could. I can't put pen to paper and turn it into a wonderful story or adventure as my husband can. I tried my hand at several different crafts and nothing ever seemed to really strike the right cord with me. Until one day a friend of mine  introduced me to the wonderful and colorful world of beads. 


At first I was just in heaven from all the different colors and textures not really sure what to do. After a while there were all these ideas flooding my head. I couldn't start making things fast enough. I couldn't have enough variety of beads and findings. 


I started by making what I like to call window pretties. I would sit down and look at what I had available to me and the piece would start putting itself together in my head. Sometimes figuring out the logistics of a piece I had in my head was a little difficult but I always came away with something new and interesting. My dining room windows are now covered in window pretties ;-). 


 Next to come was my meditation beads. Again a friend had shown me this beautiful idea.  And this is where I feel I truly found my inner creative diva. It was like I was compelled to make them. All I had to do was glance at beads and the strand comes together. It was fantastic. I was creative!!! I had found my niche in the creative world. It was exhilarating. And I just had to do more.





Then the first ever chandelier I designed for my daughter. It was a fun project that I thought my daughter would enjoy having in here room. A little bit of whimsy. After it was all said and done I learned a lot of what I should and shouldn't do lol. The project stayed with me and I started looking at ways to refine it and make it better. And it finally came. I love the new pieces I have and the new ones to come in this category. They are time consuming projects but also so much fun to design and put together. And I love the light and beauty that they bring to a room or outdoor space.


And finally (for now) there are my earrings. This is something that came to me while working with wire on one of my chandelier pieces. I started playing around with the wires and my earrings were born. I have 2 styles at present but am working on several more designs currently. I am really excited to add these to my collections and hope that others love them as much as I do.


So there you have it. How I came to be a beader :-). I love what I do and hope others will love it as well. I hope with my meditation beads and chandeliers they find the peace and joy owning them that I find in creating them. 


Happy Beading :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment